A glass of water was spilled on the cooktop and water went down into the switch for the right front burner. Now that burner has no clicking (spark) and wont light. All other burners work fine. Should I replace the switch or could it be the module? Does removing the burner head screws allow the top to be pulled off for servicing this part?
Answer Hi Larry. The burner switch part # 74007696 is all 4-switches including the wires already daisy chained connected together. If the switch burnt is is possible that that particular switch has a open and will not complete the circuit when needed. Use a volt/ohm meter part #@ TJMA-DM1 to assist you in your diagnostics. My first guess is that the igniter part # 8523793 itself has shorted to chassis ground and will not follow the natural spark path to the burner cap. You can switch the non working burner igniter wires around on the spark module part # 12001596 terminals to a known good terminal. If the bad burner now works then you quickly know the burner switch (assumed bad one) is good along with the wires and the burner igniter. Therefore the spark module is burnt out. You can not check voltage output on any spark module. Thank You.