On my Whirlpool microwave both my fuse and magnatron thermal coupling are bad. Is it possible to have a bad power supply or another component bad causing both to be blown?
Answer Hello Angelo,
It is possible for a chain of failures to occur. Technicians call this a catastrophic failure. When one component goes far enough out of tolerance to increase the current flow through other components in the same circuit, this can fry practically every component in the circuit. This isn't an everyday occurrence since one component will normally go open and discontinue the current flow throughout the entire circuit. All components of the unit should be checked. If the magnetron got hot enough to open the thermal fuse, it should be replaced as a minimum since it will be electrically stressed. I would replace the high voltage transformer also since it is the most logical reason for the magnetrons' overheating issue.
Where is the thermistor located?
Answer Hello Roy, this unit does not have a part labeled thermistor. It has humidity sensor located on the side of the cavity part number 4359892. Could you post what your issue is with the unit? Thanks!