Can I replace the valve without tipping the refrigerator up? Valve is in front. Thanks.
Answer Hello Ken. Yes, 1. Unplug the refrigerator or disconnect the
2. Remove the two screws from the base
grille and remove the grille.
3. Turn off the water supply to the refrigerator.
4. Position a container to catch the water in
the next step.
5. Disconnect the 1/2? nut from the water
6. Remove the two hex-head mounting
screws from the water valve mounting
7. Pull the water valve forward and disconnect
the water outlet tubing nut(s).
8. Disconnect the solenoid connector(s)
from the water valve 2006766 terminal(s). Hope this helps.
I just put a new valve on my refrigerator but I am not getting water to my icemaker (have water at the valve). I have never used the icemaker before so I am not sure where I should check. Any ideas?
Answer Hi RWL. Looking at your valve seems to be straight forward. The supply line from your house water valve fits on the side single 1/4" connection. The other two connections are for the ice maker feed 1/4 " line and the 5/16" line is for the water tank, then to the dispenser itself. Make sure your lines are not kinked when pushing the unit back into place. Let us know if we can assist you further. Thank you.