machine completes cycle and shows finished. then it starts filling again and stops when water level is reached and doesn't do anything more. Unless I unplug the machine or turn off the water it starts filling water all by itself. Kinda spooky.
Answer Leaann, A couple of things you want to check, unplug the power cord, remove the control panel back plate and disconnect the air tube that is attached to the water level switch Y2201474 and blow in it, to make sure there are no clogs, kinks, or twists. You should also find the technical data sheet and diagnostic test information inside as well. You will most likely need the control board 21002238 but the issue could also be in the encoder switch 37001266 and you will need a multimeter and the tech data sheet to run the circuit and voltage tests. You may want to consider repalcing both parts at the same time, most servicers do. Thanks and Good Luck
I have a maytag mav551eeww. It will only run for a short period of time before it shuts off. It does not matter what cycle you put it in. I am suspecting the control board. Is there anyway to test it?
Answer Hello Lucas. Here are the instructions from the manufacture for testing the control board. Hope this helps.
Rotate the Cycle Selector Knob to the “Power Off”
position and press knob.
(All LED’s will be off).
Rotate the Cycle Selector Knob clockwise past
“Power Off” twice and stop at “Regular”.
(LED’s will illuminate as the knob is rotated).
Rotate the Cycle Selector Knob counterclockwise
one revolution back to “Regular” and press knob.
• Power Off, Rinse & Spin LED will blink (if error
codes are present). Regular LED will be
• Model I.D. is displayed by the LED’s around the
bottom of the dial.
• Model I.D. can be redisplayed while in Service
Mode by setting knob to “Handwash” and
• Refer to chart for Model I.D.
Enter Service Mode then set Cycle Selection Knob to
“Regular” and press knob.
• Fill and Wash LED’s illuminate. Hot water fill.
• Press knob Fill and Rinse LED’s illuminate. Cold
• Press knob Fill, Wash, and Rinse LED’s illuminate.
Selected wash temperature fill.
• Press knob Wash LED illuminates. Slow agitation.
• Press knob Wash LED blinking. Fast agitation.
• Press knob Spin LED illuminates. Slow spin.
• Press knob Spin LED blinking. Fast spin.
• Press Knob Complete LED illuminates.
• Press knob exit back to Service Mode.
NOTE: Fills are skipped if Pressure Switch is satisfied.
Press knob until Pause LED begins blinking
to pause cycle. If there is no codes, or unit does not complete the service cycle, you will need to replace the control board.