Microwave completely powered off. Checked switch box to see if fuse tripped but didnt help. Outlet has power going to it. Any suggestions?
You will want to check the ceramic fuse and all thermal cutoffs for continuity. If there is no continuity then the part will need to be replaced.
My whirlpool microwave no more heat.
Answer Hello Khanh. You most likely have a "high voltage" side malfunction. Transformer, diode, magnetron, Capacitor. You will need to be extremely careful if you decide to test the components with a multi meter, Very high residual voltage is present, so make sure you remove power to the microwave and short across the terminals on the capacitor. The magnetron should have a reading of less than 1 ohm resistance across the two terminals, and an "open" circuit between each terminal and chassis ground. The diode/rectifier should have a resistance reading in one direction only, no resistance, or resistance in both directions indicate a faulty diode. The primary winding on the trans former should read approximately 450 Ohms resistance, the secondary winding should read 80 ohms resistance, and the filament transformer should read 100 ohms resistance. If all the readings are proper and in range, replace the magnetron.